Toucan Flock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are they?

4 posters

Go down

Are they? Empty Are they?

Post by TigerPrincess00 Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:14 am

Okey so here's the thing,I have a dA account and I've never sold any adoptables but I'd like to.So I started drawing some over a base a found (just for start,later I'll draw myself) I just want to hear your opinion,do these "adoptables" look good enough to sell? I mean I worked some time on these two and I just want to know I didn't waste my time 8<
Are they? Pink_c11
Are they? Lollip10
It's all my design and I just got a tablet and I have to get used to it -_-'
Are they that bad?
TigerPrincess00
TigerPrincess00

Beak Points : 4135

Back to top Go down

Are they? Empty Re: Are they?

Post by Lonin Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:35 am

Depends how much you want to sell them for.
Since you're selling the designs it might be an idea to do things that are a bit more complex rather than just one or two colours in normal clothes. Do fancy hair, weird clothing and a few different colours. Go look at weird fashion show things.
Try http://www.colourlovers.com/ for colour schemes and patterns c:
Lonin
Lonin
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Beak Points : 4299
Location : Lonin is a Lonin, therefore lives in a cave >;3 Hehehe. - That's cool :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Shine-Hikaru Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:29 pm

They look pretty simple, and since you're starting out, I'm thinking of 15 points per. As Lonin said, it would be great to go for more complex designs and stuff, but not to the point where it's going to be too hard to recreate for the person who buys them. Patterns are okay for clothes (stripes and stuff) but not for animals (don't you dare make an animal completely striped from head to toe, I've seen a bunch of people do that). I've been in the dA adoptables trade for a month now, so if you would like some help on them selling, I can feature them in my journal. C:
Shine-Hikaru
Shine-Hikaru
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Beak Points : 4154

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerPrincess00 Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:30 pm

Thank you,both of you really I appreciate it,and I've been thinking of some more detailed things,I've only drawed then on paper for now XD
I've got lots of exams now so I didn't have much time,but next week it's Easter and I'll have plenty of more time so I'll make complex stuff.And thanks for the colour lovers site :>
Oh and Shine I completely agree,I would never draw animals covered with stripes or dots,it looks awful -_-
TigerPrincess00
TigerPrincess00

Back to top Go down

Post by weweameme Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:54 am

Do you have permission to use that base? And could you credit by linking to the base please? I'm pretty sure that the maker of it would like credit due. ^^

Besides that, Try to start out with colors that are more pastel and blend better with one another first since that's more basic and easier to control; along with that, attempt to customize things a little more. c:

Another tip is to choose odd themes, that really helps a lot, and listen to music and allow for the music to help inspire you with what you create. Don't hold back on any design, and don't be afraid to make really really odd things that originally wouldn't be considered normal, if you need to you can even look at some fashion things. But if you do look at fashion, try looking at Japanese and Korean Pop star's uniforms since that can inspire a lot, since a lot of the ones I've seen are really creative; but never ever copy an outfit.

Besides that, these are good starting adoptables. c:

Sorry if I come off as insulting though, that's not my intention. ^^;
weweameme
weweameme

Beak Points : 4102

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerPrincess00 Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:26 am

Oh no it doesn't sound insulting,it's actually great advice,thank you Smile
And yes,I already gave credit to the base owner and I read the rules about the base and everything is alright :]
Anddddd,I have some updates ouo
I started drawing with a different technique and with a different brush because the last one looked awful -_-
here are the newer ones ouo
Are they? Girl_310
Are they? Girl_410
TigerPrincess00
TigerPrincess00

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: